Teamwork 5.1: Project trees and more
We just released Teamwork 5.1 (build 57001) here:
Contains a new view, task trees, and a subtle but important extension in functionality for “staff” selection.
This is a free upgrade for all users of version 5. There are no changes in the database structure with respect to version 5.
Thanks to user feedback and direct experience in bootcamps, we added a tree view of tasks which is simpler to read and allows basic data editing. It has limited functionality with respect to the Gantt editor but it can be practical in many cases.
Staff & department management
We revised both the inner logic and the user interface of the resource department / group / staff theme. The modeling problem that we’ve frequently met recently for Teamwork used in large organizations is complex cases of delegation handling.
Now if you are manager of a department you can assign all those in the department (inclusive of sub departments) as now they are on your staff – without setting area-global permissions.
This makes it easier to model delegation in structures where a certain kind of project managers create work for other departments, without overriding that department resources assignments.
It can be useful in cases where you have a planning department distinct from the set of project managers that handle resource’s assignments. So the planning manager can assign tasks to a project manager that has no global company rights, but manages her own staff, i.e. the entire department she’s heading.
We also improved the use interface by removing the “staff” checkbox which made you filter resources by staff, having your staff members always as first rows in bold in combos.
- Gantt editor is now in full screen (relative to the browser).
- Date change and status changed request for feedbacks are active only on tasks not just created.
- See in the resource assignment part all assignments on open tasks, also those out of date scope.
- Mobile module: got “undefined” when saving agenda events.
- When creating a new document file / folder selection from file storage did not work.
- Made “my open issues” and “my open severe issues” predefined filters behave similarly in task selection.
- Gantt editor: task descriptions inserted from that page were not saved.
- Fixed default language pick at startup and on options.